• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Compressor Help/Ideas For Small Areas

Here is an idea on how to set up the air delivery in a small space. Ordinarily, the filter is kinda useless right at the compressor because the air is hot and under a lot of pressure, you want to have the line out to your working point up hill with drain taps along the way. The cooler the air at the end of the line the better. But in a confined area, you may not have the length to accomplish this. This is just a quick sketch to give an idea on the setup.

The idea is get some distance with the filter/regulator from the compressor, and drain off moisture. The line out from the compressor should be a hose with quick disconnects to the vertical piping to allow for vibration. The vertical piping should be attached to the wall, along with the filter/regulator and final quick disconnect, to provide movement free use of attaching and disconnecting hoses. I've set this up in small spaces and mounted plywood on the wall for the mounting of the filter/regulator/quick disconnects. More than one regulator can be set up with QD's to facilitate multiple lines with different pressures. I didn't put any dimensions in the sketch, just a general idea.
    Attached Files
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

My regulator is on the compressor, and there is 4' of galvanized steel pipe on the outlet before the filter to dissipate heat. Otherwise, my setup is much the same as you describe in your sketch, with the water trapping stubs and all. I have shraeder valves on the traps to drain them. However, I have never found any water in any of the traps, so I can't really speak to their necessity. I do get a little condensate in the filter/trap, and in the tank drain.

Comment

Working...